Smoke Alarms Truly Save Lives!
Do you know how many people die every day from a home fire? Seven
How many people suffer injuries as a result of home fires? Thirty-six
How much money in property damage occurs each year? $7 Billion
To help prevent your family from possibly becoming one of these statistics, the following should be considered:
- In homes, there should be a smoke detector outside of every bedroom, at least one on each level, and in larger homes, more may be needed.
- Test smoke alarms monthly to make sure they are working
- Batteries should be replaced every year
- Units with or without batteries (hard-wired) need to be replaced every ten years.
- Never disable the unit, because almost half of the fires reported had smoke detectors in the home, but had batteries missing or the units were disabled.
When a home is affected by a fire, SERVPRO of Chelmsford/Westford cares about helping you make it "Like it never even happened." Returning your home back to preloss condition by the company that is faster to any disaster to help you reduce some stress and worry.