Mold...What to Do When You See It
At times, you may look around your home, in areas that are humid, and see what you think may be mold. When you see this microbial growth, do not disturb it. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Chelmsford/Westford for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold. When bleach is applied, the mold reacts by spreading away from the application.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (978) 256-4225