When An Untreated Water Damage Becomes a Mold Problem
Mold can happen when you least expect it. Recently we were called to a job where the homeowners had a sink leak. We were called in to investigate. Upon removing the sink we discovered that mold was not only in the sink area but it had spread throughout The whole bathroom. Unfortunately the bathrooms and to be gutted and fully renovated.
Some things to think about when it comes to mold:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants and have the potential to cause other health effects.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If you think you have mold give SERVPRO of Chelmsford/Westford a call. We will come to investigate and give you a quote.